Monday, August 11, 2014

Is it Fall yet? To Wear, Make, Eat and Create!


This is a question I've been finding myself asking over and over and over again. I love summer, I love the pool, I love the sunshine and the heat. But I am totally ready for fall. In this preemptive fall edition of "To Wear, To Make, To Eat, To Decorate" I'm in a transition mode, where I'm still perfectly content with the warm weather, but I'm ready for fall colors and pumpkin spice lattes! 


To Wear



Some may think this sweater looks like a giant crayon, I do not disagree with you. But sometimes on those chilly fall days perhaps when a little bit of cold dreary weather rears it's head, you need a little bit of color in your life. I also love that the colors make it a perfect transition piece from late summer to early fall. Give me a red top, some dark leggings and some cognac boots and I'm good to go! 


To Make




Although this is probably less of a "make" and more of a "put together",  I'm determined to actually decorate my front porch for fall this year as last year it didn't have the oomph I was going for. How lovely and welcoming is this little guy? I think I will make mine say "Welcome friends who bring pumpkin spice lattes".

To Eat



I already know I'm going to get my fill of pumpkin spice things, but I'm so excited for the brussels sports I've been growing to be ready for harvest! This seems like a nice alternative to my typical roasted and tossed in balsamic recipe! 

To Create



Doesn't this room just make you want to cozy up in a bit knit sweater or blanket, breathe deeply the smell of the spiced air and think about being thankful? 

I for one am dying to try to recreate something similar in my own living room when Shaun finally allows me to take down the summer stuff and put up the fall stuff. I'm thinking small, subtle changes every day while he's at work until he wakes up one morning and realizes our house is a fall wonderland. Wish me luck on that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment